Vaisala has introduced its new product, Automatic Weather Station AWS810 Solar Edition. An IEC-compliant weather station enables the combination of measurements of solar radiation and weather parameters with advanced analytics and digital visualization to optimize solar plant performance and operational efficiency.
Rugged by design, the AWS810 Solar Edition is purpose-built to be trusted for the lifetime of a solar plant.
“360°, always-on monitoring and analytics capabilities combined with a modular design deliver consistent and scalable performance that optimizes performance at every point in the solar power plant lifecycle, from development, construction and commissioning to operations and lifecycle management. said Davey Theophile, Vaisala’s head of renewable energy. “This enables our customers to meet their biggest renewable energy challenges and solidifies our position as a trusted partner to help them navigate their quest to fuel the planet efficiently and sustainably.”
Vaisala AWS810 Solar Edition provides unique benefits including:
- Always on sensor data. AWS810 Solar Edition continuously measures global, diffuse and reflected solar radiation and all key weather parameters including wind speed, wind direction, ambient and PV module temperature, precipitation, relative humidity and atmospheric pressure.
- Reducing life cycle costs. IEC 61724-1:2021 compliant rugged design, remote diagnostics and easy to deploy and use weather station require minimal resources to set up, operate and maintain throughout the lifetime of the solar power plant.
- Easy operations and maintenance. Powerful self-diagnostic and network sensor monitoring enables users to remotely manage and manage networks, while the solution’s extensive built-in data validation further improves data quality and service efficiency with complete network management security.
- Unlimited scalability and easy integration. With its future-ready and modular design, the flexible weather station can be easily expanded to meet the specific needs of solar power plants, including seamless data connectivity to SCADA systems and cloud-based asset management platforms.
- Important insights throughout the life cycle of a solar power plant: Set to exceed the standard with optional analytics and insights tied to historical solar data from satellites, real-time lightning data, and solar power forecasts.
News from Vaisala!